AIS: TBIS discussion

 	I am still on the fence, and would love to see some answers to Bill
Shear's questions. Why TBIS ?  Does the TB world feel that AIS is not doing
enough to help sell their product ? What's going on in the commercial world
- most Iris customers are NOT member of any club or AIS - are sales flagging
and thus there is perceived a need to increase promotion ?

	I'm all for cheap Iris tour's, but they can't be compared to a
convention in cost or substance. As long as they remain just a tour, without
judges training and section presentations and guest seedlings with judging
etc., then I don't believe they interfere or threaten the AIS conventions,
and are an enhancement for all of us. However if they started to become more
of a convention than a tour then why ? Are we needing to duplicate efforts ?
At some point it becomes the same thing only run by a different
organization. Does anyone feel so strongly that AIS is not up to the job?

	Chad Schroter
	Los Gatos, CA