Re: Re: Symposium ballot

In a message dated 08/21/2000 10:15:31 AM Central Daylight Time,
carrylm@bigsky.net writes:

> If you want to vote a Symposium Ballot for other than TB varieties--why not
>  join the other Sections?  I belong to several (all but 2) of the
>  sections-cooperating societies-or whatever they are called--and vote a
>  ballot for all of them--membership in the Sections ranges from $ 9.00 to $
>  18.00 for 3 years--and their publications contain articles specific for
>  their kind of Iris--
I belong to some of those sections. What is wrong with AIS doing a poll that
includes all iris classes? Wouldn't this benefit us as individuals as well as
retail gardens? Once the controversay is settled with TBIS this would put AIS
squarely where they should be promoting all class of iris. If AIS is to shed
the image of being a TB organization this would be the way to do it not by
continuing to do the TB poll? Yes each section does their own poll but that
odes nothing for me as a retailer. I want to know which other varitities in
other classes that do compete in popularity with TB's. I can't get that from
an individual poll.  Just my opinion...Jim Loveland, Fenton, MO  Zone 5

http://click.egroups.com/1/7011/0/_/486170/_/966889656/