During the weekend I got enough energy up to go out and do a bit of
work on the re-building of my iris beds. I found out that this last
year of watering has kept the ground damp enough i could dig with my
little hand tool, down into the clay / decomposed grantic[sp?] ground.
I flooded the area last night and today there was still water standing
in the pools i had dug. so i'm thinking, how about making these pools
just a bit bigger and back fill them with potting soil and plant l.a.
iris in them. they would be in mounds tall enough so that the rhzome
wouldn't freeze during the winter and they would get less water then
anyway, but next supper they would have all the water they wanted.

so is anyone thining out any l.a.'s?

Founder of SIAR in 1971 / Founder of IAR in 1995
Current President of SIAR