Re: Re: TB: CULT: symposium

In a message dated 8/21/00 4:36:29 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
lmann@mailhub.icx.net writes:

<< I like the more than 5 years ago part, but Zones aren't enough.  Zone 8
 in southern California is nothing like the humid wet mess in zone 8 in
 northern Mississippi, southern east Tennessee, north Georgia & South
 Carolina (we never hear much from Alabama that I remember).   >>

Linda,
     Although it may be difficult to set up, it may be better to use the
Sunset Zones.  They reflect the differences.  In the USDA Zones, Dunnellon,
Florida and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada are both USDA Zone 8b.
However, there is no similarity in our climates.

Mark A. Cook
BigAlligator@aol.com
Dunnellon, Florida      USDA Zone 8b     Sunset Zone 28.

http://click.egroups.com/1/7017/0/_/486170/_/966906951/