Re: New stuff and rebloomers

As a group we seem to run the range from those who specialize in older
varieties to those who prefer the newest. For my own part I add about 50 new
TB introductions a year. Most of them will be in my collection for only two
years (less for those that don't live). In this length of time I would expect
them to have made their contribution to my breeding program if they ever are
and they are out to make room for the next batch of new things. There are
some, however, which I keep much longer. These are the ones which I simply
like (e.g. the ones I wish I had hybridized!).

I have never hybridized a rebloomer on purpose. Two of my varieties which do
rebloom are Kevin's Theme and Kiss of Kisses. The latter is very late
(between Thanksgiving and Christmas). Rebloomers will really have arrived
when the AIS has a  Fall convention! In my garden rebloom is always spotty
and even if all the rebloomers were in one section, it would never approach
Spring bloom. The best rebloom display I have seen was at Melrose Gardens
where it did approach Spring bloom. Melrose always planted their rebloomers
in November which reduced Spring bloom somewhat, but what a Fall display they
had.

http://click.egroups.com/1/7012/0/_/486170/_/966959919/