??: Non-TB postings?

I really don't know what category this should be in.  You had
requested no use of the "ADMIN" tag so I wasn't sure.  Sorry John.

******************** MESSAGE *********************

Howdy All,

I am not trying to reopen the recent discussion about AIS/TBIS.
only respond in private (mailto:tyerman@hotmail.com) if you want to
discuss this unless it is something that you think the rest of the
list would like to see.  I just wanted to raise this briefly as this
is a chance to discuss a bit of the "TBs versus Non-TBs" problem.

I have lots of irises..... TBs, Arilbreds, Species, Louisiannas,
Minis, Medians, and even (God forbid) Bulbous (Now there's a topic
that no-one seems to like on this list) irises but I understand that
others have their own loves.  I LOVE SAers, but they are hard to get
or expensive here in Australia.... how I'd love to have access to
Sutton's nursery (Sigh).

However, I am usually hesitant to post messages on this list about
other than TBs because of flames/negative comments/being ignored in
the past?  I know I have felt that way many times in the past and
rarely discuss anything other than TBs as they seem to be the
"accepted" standard.  Myself, I'd like to be able to freely discuss
other types.  It's actually nice to see that there have been a few
postings recently on non-TB irises.  Keep em coming!!

I assume that it is OK to discuss other irises as there are subject
categories listed in the introduction messages.  Either way I try to
go with the general flow and keep to the mainly TB topics.  How do
others feel about this?

Do I need to set up my own list for non-TBers? (This is a JOKE before
anyone jumps at me.... I couldn't resist it).

This is an honest query as it is something I have often been
about and one of the reasons that I drifted away from the list for
much of the recent while. (I'm hoping to keep up with the list
Thanks Jan for the archives link... Didn't realise that it was that
easy.  Thanks also to Anner ? for the Archive searching tutorial,
invaluable and has been carefully stored for future reference.)

Paul Tyerman
Canberra, Australia
USDA Zone equiv - Zone 8(ish)