OT: other iris lists

>I have lots of irises..... TBs, Arilbreds, Species, Louisiannas,
>PCNs,
>Minis, Medians, and even (God forbid) Bulbous (Now there's a topic
>that no-one seems to like on this list) irises but I understand that
>others have their own loves.  I LOVE SAers, but they are hard to get
>or expensive here in Australia.... how I'd love to have access to
>Mike
>Sutton's nursery (Sigh).
>
>However, I am usually hesitant to post messages on this list about
>other than TBs because of flames/negative comments/being ignored in
>the past?

Hi Paul - you may not be aware that there is now a Siberian iris list, a
Louisianna iris list, and an Japanese Iris list. A pity really because I
used to enjoy the discussions of all these other types, but it is
understandable that, given the numbers of peope interested, there should be
different lists to cater for these specific interests. These can all still
be discussed here though.
I think PCI's are discussed more on the sibrob list than here. Sa's and AB's
are often mentioned here, as are SDB's, IB's, MTB's, crested iris, etc.
I'm sure discussions of bulbous irises would be most welcome, but you may
not get answers to questions. You may have to give them instead!
There is also a Bulb list, but this is very low traffic, and you can't join
the 'real' bulb list unless you are a member of the international Bulb
society.
I have just discovered the daffodil list at daffnet. Daffodils are a minor
interest of mine, which manage to fill the breach between the winter of
discontent (who wouldn't be discontented with no flowers blooming?) and the
Dwarf iris blooming season.
I did my first daffodil crosses for the season, this morning. Chances are
the seeds will be forgotten and will fall to the ground, once again ignored,
as first the PCI's, then the Bearded irises, take my total attention.
Cheers, Jan