Re: Iris Plant Markers

	The Painters Pen markers from Wal-Mart work well, at least the first
few days you have them. I have had trouble with them drying-up if they sit
around awhile, plus the tip gets yucky. They have non-toxic water based ink.
I have switched to using a similar paint-pen which uses a xylene based ink,
(not for kids). This ink flows much nicer and the pens do not go bad if left
to sit for months etc. Here in California they can be found at "Michael's",
a craft supply store. I am particularly sensitive to having obvious labels
in the "garden setting" so I use the narrow 1/2" miniblind. For a very nice
label I have painted the blinds dark green first and then used a white paint
marker for the lettering. These are still in excellent shape in the third
year and I have no comments about a 'mouse's graveyard'.

	Chad Schroter
	Los Gatos, CA

http://click.egroups.com/1/7010/0/_/486170/_/967048720/