Re: COMP: Non-TB postings?

Paul Tyerman wrote:

> I really don't know what category this should be in.  You had
> requested no use of the "ADMIN" tag so I wasn't sure.  Sorry John.

Maybe I should make up a LIST: Subject tag.

> However, I am usually hesitant to post messages on this list about
> other than TBs because of flames/negative comments/being ignored in
> the past?  I know I have felt that way many times in the past and
> rarely discuss anything other than TBs as they seem to be the
> "accepted" standard.  Myself, I'd like to be able to freely discuss
> other types.  It's actually nice to see that there have been a few
> postings recently on non-TB irises.  Keep em coming!!
>
> I assume that it is OK to discuss other irises as there are subject
> categories listed in the introduction messages.  Either way I try to
> go with the general flow and keep to the mainly TB topics.  How do
> others feel about this?

At the risk of sounding like a snot... It doesn't matter what others
think, this is a list for discussing *ANY* type of iris. It has always
been that way. I am even very tolerant of a very broad definition of irises.

If you or anyone else ever receives a flame or other obnoxious email,
either on list or privately, that is in response to a list message,
please forward a copy to me. I *will* fix that problem immediately.
Disagreements, politely stated, are acceptable. Rude or ill-mannered
messages are not.

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Fremont, California, USA
Visit my website at: