Re: Re: Symposium ballot

> Wow!
> This conversation is something I was going to be starting very soon
> anyway.
> At the Dallas meeting I told the AIS board that I would make a
> proposal for AIS-wide Symposium/Symposia not limited to TB at the
> upcoming fall meeting. I definitely think it is a good idea.
> Here are the thoughts I was going to start the discussion with:
> If "The Symposium" is just opened up to all classes, it will be little
> more effective than having all classes eligible for the Dykes medal.
> Very few will make it. Not because they aren't great irises, but
> because their popularity is more regional, and many iris growers have
> a TB fixation. It's a fact of life.
	I still like the idea of a bearded symposium and a beardless symposium.

	To get these started, use the current AIS Ballot award winners.
 So as not to lose out on the old favorites, allow for something like
ten write-ins.  Then, in subsequent years, eliminate the write-ins
since they are so diverse and hard to count.  The old favorites
would get on the ballot with the write-ins.

	We have discussed this in years past, and there are lots of
ideas in the archives.  Remember the 'modest proposal?'  That
could start your search.

     Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS 7/8 USA