CULT: only two days 'til winter

That tag line sounds pretty good in these parts.  However it only
refers to those butter dishes of iris seeds which will go into the
fridge for 4 weeks on the 25th and start the winter session on
the enhanced germination try.  I'm worried they are too damp,
but I scraped in the perlite and the seeds looked okay.  I wish
now I had used some of the pods which I thought were strong for
a comparison test instead of only trying those I thought might be
marginal seeds to begin with.  It is a bit of trouble to take them
in and out of the fridge every day for four weeks.  I hope the
process has some success since when spring comes around in
about a month, they start going in and out again.  Maybe I should
plan a vacation now.  Someplace where it actually is cool and
rains occasionally.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7, USA

Hate housework?...then WIN A MAID....