Re: Re: Symposium ballot

The rules should be simple:  One symposium.  All irises.  List your top 10
(or whatever) irises.  No limits.  No restrictions.  Don't force people to
pick from some preconceived list.

If a species is my favorite... then let me vote for it.  If a historic is
my favorite... then let me vote for it.  Will it win?  I doubt it.  The TBs
may still come out on top, but I bet there will be some surprises!  Such as
Iris danfordiae, perhaps, for being among the first to bloom... who knows?
But I sure want to find out!

As it stands today, the AIS TB Symposium is only meaningful to those
gardeners who are fortunate enough to have the money & land (and who happen
to live in the right climate) to grow plenty of new intros.  And I think
that is a waste of resources *if* AIS wants to be an organization focused
on the average iris enthusiast... the Symposium should be geared to the
average grower (regardless of where they live).

Hate housework?...then WIN A MAID....
http://click.egroups.com/1/7009/0/_/486170/_/967089010/