Re: Re: Twist of Fate

> Fatal Attraction shows what can happen when a variety with lots of
> form faults is crossed to the right parent. In this case it was
> Mystique. To be sure there were lots of dogs in the cross, but it only
> takes one good one to make a cross worthwhile.

	TOF never gave me anything either,  and I finally gave up on it.
That I never paired it with the right partner is obvious now.

	ECSTATIC ECHO, STUNNING, and GLITZ N GLITTER are
others that gave less than 'movie star' quality children for me.

	But hybridizers have persisted.

	Our own Lowell Baumunk has done wonders with two doggy
producing parents.  His MIDNIGHT MOONLIGHT is out of TOF and
LIGHTS CAMERA ACTION is out of EE.  Certainly noteworthy to
be using both of these and to get something nice.

	STUNNING has been around since the seventies and has not wanted to
yield anything good until Ed Roberts got MOST STUNNING and
Hugh Thurman got STUNNING SERENADE.

	GLITZ N GLITTER hasn't cooperated either until Bill Maryott
made the right pairing and got IRONY.

	Mixing these all together might open up a new world of
bicolors.  Of course, there will be some dogs and some muddy
colors, but one might be worthy like FATAL ATTRACTION.

     Walter Moores
     Enid Lake, MS 7/8 USA

Hate housework?...then WIN A MAID....
http://click.egroups.com/1/7009/0/_/486170/_/967121331/