RE:iris markers

I use EON's also....love those rounded corners and the heavier gauge metal (zinc)...well worth the little bit of extra cost.  My only problem is that in about 2-3 years, the wire 'foot' erodes and shortens itself by the length it has been underground....so I order the longest ones, and rotate the older ones to the medians whenever they truncate themselves. When they get too short to use, I order new ones.

About your enamel paint pen, do you have a brand name/product name?  And can you/have you removed the writing in order to reuse the marker (like when something dies or it gets 'voted off the island')? If so, what have you found that works to remove the enamel paint?

Plano Texas  zone 7/8    55 days without rain and temps at or above 100.
                                        I concur with Donald, those markers are going to be Iris tombstones if things
                                        don't change soon...or else I have discovered a bunch of new yellow fanned iris

>>> judye@ourtownusa.net 08/24/00 05:17PM >>>
Hi, I'm another user of Eon markers. Very good product. My biggest problem is finding something to write on them with that will standup in the hot sun for more than 1 year. Finally found an enamel paint pen at a craft store that will stay, so far 2 years-no fading. I also use mini-blind slats when I run out of the metal markers.
Judy Eckhoff
Haven, KS zone 6
(very hot-very dry)

Hate housework?...then WIN A MAID....