Re: Tempting Fate

Although the name suggests a relationship to Twist of Fate, Tempting Fate is
from different breeding: (Premonition x Pacific Shores) X Graduation. Duane
Meek and I have both tried crossing Tempting Fate with Fatal Attraction. I
know I didn't get anything very good from the cross, and I am sure Duane
would have let me know if he had. About the best seedlings from Fatal
Attraction to date have come from a cross with Satin Satan. Rest assured that
the dominant amoena gene does not act very dominant when crossed to the
blacks and one or two neglectas out of a cross of several dozen seedlings is
all that can be expected.

It's funny how the seedlings produced by a variety influences a hybridizer's
feelings about it. I take uncommon pleasure in removing a "bad parent" from
the garden! Possibly there are no really bad parents, just ones for which we
haven't found the right partner.
Fred Kerr
In the Hot Central Valley of CA

Hate housework?...then WIN A MAID....