Re: Re: Symposium ballot

> Also, it appears that plants from lesser-known hybriders rarely make
> the list.
> Mark A. Cook
> BigAlligator@aol.com
> Dunnellon, Florida      USDA Zone 8b        Heat Zone 10
	Distribution, being seen in bloom by judges, and the winning of an HM are requirements
for getting on the Symposium Ballot.  The results of the AIS Ballot
are used in part in assembling the list for the Symposium Ballot.
The remaining are the old favorites that have been on their for some

	I have known some hybridizers who absolutely refuse to send
rhizomes off to conventions.  They have various 'fears' for one
reason or another - the possible abduction of their child? 'It ain't
good enough!'  I don't know.  Until some loosen up and get their
blooms seen, their irises will remain unknown.

     For years, Phil Williams has specialized in listing in his catalog
irises from lesser-known hybridizers.  This has been a good service
and has brought these hybridizers some attention. There are some
very good things out there that have been produced in small back

	Mail that Symposium Ballot to your RVP before Sept 1.

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS 7/8 USA