Re: Re: Cult: Iris markers (OT-Humor?, OT-Chat)

> Least Favourite Method:  Names written on paper and stapled to fan.
> Don't think anyone uses this method any more; may they be blessed with
> 4 year-olds if they do.
>
> Regards,
>
> Sandy Ives in Ottawa  (where I can hear the Miller intros whispering
> 'Plant me, plant me')

	Sandy, your post was the funniest thing I have read on this list in ages!

	May I add to it to your 'least favorite' category?

	Don't know if Gurney's out of South Dakota still does the
following or not, but here goes.

	Back in the Dark Ages, I ordered from them because I had not
yet discovered 'modern' sources.

	Well, the rhizomes I got from them had been split in half and
placed in a baggie individually and sealed.  The name was written
on the bag with a marks-a-lot.  When I opened the box, there were
all these bags of mush as they had passed through intense heat
on their way to Texas and had rotted.

	I wrote them about the condition of the plants on arrival and
was informed that in order to get replacements, I had to wait until
the next year and also place a minimum order.  I often wonder if
they still split the rhizomes and get two for one.  I know they are
still in business as I occasionally get a catalog from them, which
used to be just like a newspaper but now is 'slick' like Spring Hill or
Michigan Bulb catalogs.

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS 7/8 USA

http://click.egroups.com/1/7010/0/_/486170/_/967308935/