Re: OT: Walter's Gurney experience

Walter (and others who may be interested in Gurney's):  The Gurney Nursery Co. in Yankton, SD, had several ownership changes in the last several years, sold by the Gurney family  to ??, was part of the ITT conglomerate for a while, bought by local people again, and this spring it was announced that they had been bought by a corporation named, I think Gallagher something.  Anyway, the new owners announced that this summer or fall they would be closing all operations in Yankton (about 85 mi. from here, and we have been going there every spring for perhaps 25 years, tho not for iris) and moving Gurney's to Grand Rapids, MI, where, the newspaper report stated, they would be occupying new quarters adjacent to another company owned by the new parent.  The other company?  Michigan Bulb!!  I knew right then that I had bought my last seeds and stock from Gurney's.
Arnold

Arnold & Carol Koekkoek
38 7th Street, NE
Sioux Center, IA 51250