Re:Humour : that's not so funny.

Hello All,
Not sure if many people would have had this horrible incident but picture this; Day 1:.9 Calves escape paddock whilst we are over at dairy milking. We get home in the dark, as usual.
Neighbouring famer rings to tell us that there are some calves on the road, could be ours...So out we dash, in the dark to find calves looking very happy to see us and after they do a few laps around newly planted section of garden, with many yells from me, are put back in paddock. Hole in fence is fixed.
Day 2. Clutching much needed coffee mug in hand, I stroll around the garden, waking up after a long mornings milking.
Scenario; Shock , horror; The little beasts have been in and around every inch of my small garden, which totally surrounds the house, and done a check out of all my plants.
Damage stocktake: Dwarf irises squashed, chomped and fertilised.Reticulatas: Pulled out of pots, and whats was remaining, is about 1 cm high. No Flowers left.!
Lilium Martagon clumps; Near death experience. Luckily they missed the cadriocrinums which are just sprouting, but only by a hoof mark.TBs have had various sorts of hairdo"s.
Lemon Beauty daffs and there are tonnes of those:DeBudded.A few J.Is have had their new shoots pushed into the soil by about 5 inches.Dogwoods, that are just budding: Creatively pruned... and so the damage list goes on. Oddly enough they left all the roses, usually a cows passion and the Clematis Rubra which is in full bloom alone. So I am left to wonder, after this massacre, will anything bloom this year, and also how do bulbs survive after being pushed deeper into the soil by hooves....I am soon to find out.I hope no one else suffers this horror....Cheers Wendy ...wendon@dcsi.net.au, zone 8..Aus.

Hate housework?...then WIN A MAID....