Re: Re:Humour : that's not so funny.

     Well, now that the subject of cattle in the garden has come up...    In
late summer of 1978, I took a little used but very straight side road
[Montgomery County, KY] to get around some very slow traffic.  This was a
good time to blow carbon buildup out of the car too.  Well, it figures, a cow
came out in the road.  I screeched to a halt, and it stood there and watched
me.  Then, before moving, it went "moo"...  One fellow I know saw this event.
     Some years later, while on the way to George Slade's Iris Garden north
of Cynthiana, KY, I came over a hill on the road, and doggone it, there stood
a cow in the road.  The same guy was right behind me, and when we ended up in
the same Agronomy Class, I heard "moo" all semester.
     Well, last year, I was on my way to a nursery near Newberry, FL.  While
heading north up US 41, between Archer and Newberry, I am cruising along at
60-65 MPH when up ahead, out comes a big Black Angus right into the road.  I
go for the breaks, and the darn thing stands there and watches me come to a
stop.  "Moo" and it walks off.  Behind me is a pickup truck.  I pull into a
BP Station in Newberry to get gas, in come the pickup truck.  The driver gets
out, and..."moo"...
     If only those Louisiana Irises at the nursery had been named...

Mark A. Cook
BigAlligator@aol.com
Dunnellon, Florida.

Hate housework?...then WIN A MAID....