RE: HYB: SPEC: Sam Norris

Hello Everyone:

I am writing an article on my garden during the past year, and I am pleased
to report that among the "discoveries" this year was Sam Norris' Louisiana
iris named KENTUCKY CAJUN.  What spectacular substance!  I swear the
blossom parts feel as thick as shoe leather, but, I hasten to add, it is
not too thick.  Just perfect!

Sam Norris sounds like one of those horticultural renaissance men...able to
work in lots of diverse areas.  Who markets Sam's I. cristata?

Tom...surviving in Little Rock...where we had 105 F degrees yesterday...
and no rain since July 4th....

Tom W. Dillard, Curator
Butler Center for Arkansas Studies
Central Arkansas Library System