Re:HUMOR:that's not so funny

Cows in the Iris patch--really brings back memories of my youth--and how
often the Iris patch was a favorite of the cows!!! In my mind, I can still
see the picture of Iris leaves--the ends shredded--as the cows would bite
them--then when the plant did not come out of the ground--the cow would
lean back--and shred the leaves through her teeth---really made the patch
look better--than just plain leaves--
Usually, the Iris recovered fairly well--even the ones which were stepped
on--do you know how big a cow's foot is--big enough to get several plants at
one time--but quickly remove the fertilizer left by the cows--it can burn up
the plants quicker than anything--the bulbs should do o.k.--just have longer
stems under the ground or shorter ones above--
Try chicken wire over the special plants--my mom had most of her garden
under wire--to keep the deer from eating everything--
Just think--now you know what the cows like--plant them their garden--full
of plants they like--away from your garden--and the next time they get
out--then will head for that one and leave your special one alone--(at least
you can hope that they do)
Carryl in western Montana--where we saw the mountains for a few minutes last
evening-due to severe winds which made the fires jump their lines--back to
smoke again--

http://click.egroups.com/1/7010/0/_/486170/_/967481573/