Re: Re:Humour : that's not so funny.

Wendy wrote:
>Not sure if many people would have had this horrible incident but picture
>this; .......
>Scenario; Shock , horror; The little beasts have been in and around every
>inch of my small garden, which totally surrounds the house, and done a
>check out of all my plants.
>Damage stocktake: Dwarf irises squashed, chomped and
>fertilised.Reticulatas: Pulled out of pots, and whats was remaining, is
>about 1 cm high. No Flowers left.!

I really hope the little 'darlings' have terrible tummy aches after their
rampage Wendy!
Don't worry about the daffodil bulbs, they are mighty tough, and will still
send up stalks from lower down. You should lift them up when they are
dormant, because the deeper they are, the fewer increase they will have.
(This is why daffodils are planted more deeply for naturalising purposes)
I haven't had a similar problem here for years, but kept dairy goats, which
could escape from 7ft high fences, and did the occassional 'gourmet tour' of
the veg. garden.
I hope your irises make a full recovery.
Cheers, Jan
(sending rain your way)