RE: Re: AIS Symposium

> Something of the sort sounds good to me.  I do not know whether mixing
> in non-TB's would be good or not.  But I certainly like this approach
> to write-ins . . .   Those few who are
> opinionated enough to thus promote an outstanding but overlooked iris
> would find this an excellent approach.
>
> John Reeds
> jreeds@microsensors.com
> ----------

Hasn't it been reported that no write-in has ever made it to the
Symposium awards list in all of the years of the Symposium?
Why are write-ins proposed now if we know them to have been a
failure for years?  Write-ins are regional things, usually indicating
irises that don't grow well all over the country, and that is the
reason they failed to get on the Symposium ballot in the first place.

Look at the percentage of the actual voters in each region.  It is
pitifully low, and in order to get it up, the beardless and median folk
have got to be represented - either on the all-inclusive symposium
ballot or a separate ballot of their own sponsored by AIS.   Every
class of iris has got to be recognized.  Many people don't vote the
ballot because their irises are not on the ballot.

The counting may not be so bad since the RVP's handle the
regional count and then forward their results to Gerry Snyder.

Walter Moores
Enid Lake, MS 7/8 USA

Hate housework?...then WIN A MAID....
http://click.egroups.com/1/7009/0/_/486170/_/967552933/