Re: RE: Sam Norris; Christy's seedlings

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your message.  I'm glad you liked my book; it is scheduled for
reprinting as a paperback sometime next year.

Your virginica project sounds very worthwhile and interesting.  While there
seem to be a fair number of virginica variants around, I have never seen
very much variation in the wild populations.  I do feel that
virginica/versicolor have a lot of potential as garden plants and with
breeding and selection could show the same kind of rapid change seen in the
Louisiana irises.

Bill Shear
Department of Biology
Hampden-Sydney College