CULT: Alfalfa and Additives

Nik asked:

<<  I spent some time looking for alfalfa pellets. Actually I was
also looking for sulfur but I found that.  All I managed to find were
cubes [about 1"x1"x1"] or rabbit pellets. The cubes look like they will
take awhile to breakdown. The rabbit food includes other things to make
the rabbit happy. [Corn meal?] Now I've seen a reference to making a
tea out of the pellets. Anybody think that would work with the cubes?>>

Nick, as I understand the mattter you don't want any product that contains
corn. Corn gluten contains chemicals that retard growth. They are even using
it to make herbicides. Neither do you want salt or molasses or anything else.
You want straight alfalfa as is sold for horse feed. It comes in a couple of
sizes of pellets and as meal. The pellets are just compressed and they break
down with moisture. In preparation of the iris bed spread a layer over the
soil, water it well, leave it and in a day or two they will have swelled up
and started to fall apart. You may need to sprinkle them twice. When they are
crumbly you can just turn them into the soil. No need to bother to make tea
with them.

Anner, in Virginia
ChatOWhitehall@aol.com

Hate housework?...then WIN A MAID....