Re: CULT:Alfalfa pellets vs cubes vs rabbit pellets

http://click.egroups.com/1/7010/0/_/486170/_/967589440/

Nick wrote:
>	I spent some time looking for alfalfa pellets. Actually I was
>also looking for sulfur but I found that.  All I managed to find were
>cubes [about 1"x1"x1"] or rabbit pellets. The cubes look like they will
>take awhile to breakdown. The rabbit food includes other things to make
>the rabbit happy. [Corn meal?] Now I've seen a reference to making a
>tea out of the pellets. Anybody think that would work with the cubes?

I have used straight alfalfa pellets, or lucerne pellets as we call them in
Australia. They expand a lot when wet, and do break down very quickly. I put
some down a few months ago and they were absolutely seething with baby
earthworms after about 8 weeks. These will take the nutrients from the
alfalfa, down into the soil, so the roots of your plants can feed on them.
I think I recall someone saying that rabbit pellets should not be used.
Perhaps there are seeds in it that will turn into weeds?

Cheers, Jan Clark, Australia