CULT: Bearded pH

Hate housework?...then WIN A MAID....
http://click.egroups.com/1/7009/0/_/486170/_/967595293/

--- John Jones <jijones@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> ...depending on what iris
> you have you
> don't want to lower the ph much below 7.0 or 6.8. Tall
> bearded prefer a
> slightly alkaline soil (above 7.0)

   V. sez:
   Now I have always heard that bearded irises preferred a
slightly acidic soil - around 6.5. Yet I know that George
Sutton has had good luck growing them in a very alkaline
soil. Apparently there is a fairly wide range that they can
tolerate. Has anyone tried growing them at two different
pHs in the same garden and compared the difference?

=====
Vince Lewonski
vincelewonski@yahoo.com
Secane, Pennsylvania, USA Zone 6b
"I want to be Bob Dylan; Mr. Jones wishes he were someone just a little more funky..."