Potted Iris?

Hi,
I am new to the list, but have loved Iris for years. I just started getting
into the named TB Iris, and now I have a problem.
I am moving, and have potted up most of the iris, getting prepared for the
move. I have about a 100 pots, and now am wondering how to keep them in pots
for an extended period of time? I am in North TX, and am moving to Central
TX, but since we can't find a house- we are probably going to build. The iris
may be in their pots for another 6 months, so I need to know what to do with
them for fertlizing, and overwintering? I am afraid to fertilize due to the
rot potential. I did have some rot in June- when we got deluged with rain.
Now have to water- due to no rain for 60 days.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am interested in all this talk about
alfalfa vs. rabbit pellets. I have rabbits, and have tilled their manure in
the new beds, and the iris love it.
Thanks for any help.
Amy