Re: Re: CULT: bearded pH comparisons

Hate housework?...then WIN A MAID....

In a message dated 8/29/2000 9:40:35 PM Central Daylight Time,
jcwalters@bridgernet.com writes:

<<  she had first hand experience in growing irises in soils
 with widely varying pH levels.

And many of her earlier introductions have to be amended with lime to live in
my region.  Many "difficult to grow" irises can be grown beautifully with a
good side dressing of lime.  Or, if you put your "lime lovers" together when
planting, till in a little extra lime in this part of your bed.  It's the
only way I could grow RUFFLED BALLET which was born in limestone laced
Crystal City, MO.  (I lived about 10 miles from Roderick at the time and
didn't know.)

Betty / Bowling Green KY USA (Hotter than ever) zone 6