REB: rebloom report from SW Idaho

Here is an update on what's reblooming for me here under the smokey skies
of southern Idaho.

Just finishing up are CORAL CHALICE, two rather short stalks but several
close blooms and SUMMER HOLIDAYS. SUMMER HOLIDAYS new last year from
Suttons has been pretty, a long blooming lighter blue and a wonderful
smell. SAXON is finished with two beautiful loaded stalks lasting a long
time. BELVI QUEEN has two stalks blooming now, several blooms but rather
small and bunched together at the top of the stalk but several more
stalks coming. ROSALIE FIGGE has two stalks up and just finishing and
surprise, two more coming one with 9 buds! LOW HO SILVER just opened
yesterday and a 2-3 more new stalks coming. IMMORTALITY has one snakey
short stalk coming up now on a crowded 3 or 4 year old clump. BUCKWHEAT
also has one short stalk coming on an older crowded clump.

I would guess that I am just at the end of the summer rebloomers and very
early in the fall rebloomers. Rosalie, one that did bloom for me in late
July was CHERUB CHOIR. It was a very short stalk and opened almost in the
fan. I put in two very small dried up rhizomes (extras from a friend)
very late last year and one bloomed this spring and one didn't. I did not
consider this a rebloom since I cannot say it definitely bloomed this
spring, the condition and time of planting and the fact it isn't listed
as reblooming in this area.

Christy, haven't seen any of that rain yet but sure hope it is coming! It
is dry and dusty and smokey here.

Char Randall
Melba, Idaho USDA zone 6-ish