Re: AIS:SYPOSIUM IMHO

Apply NOW!
http://click.egroups.com/1/7872/0/_/486170/_/967727120/

Hear, hear, Patrick!  You have put into words what I am sure many of us
have been thinking about this symposium flap.

The symposium is not broken, so let's not try to fix it.

The complaints seem to have as their basis the fact that the personal
favorites of a few people don't appear on the ballot.  Sorry about that,
but the hassles connected with a completely open symposium would be
horrendous.  So far I've heard only carping about what's "wrong" with the
symposium today--no concrete, point-by-point proposals for improvement.

How about it? Can we look at a well-worked out plan that answers the
criticisms directed at the present symposium?  Otherwise, let's drop it and
move on to, as my grandmother used to say, "something more elevating."

Bill Shear
Department of Biology
Hampden-Sydney College
Hampden-Sydney VA 23943