Install today:

	Patrick Orr wrote:
> I am in support of the idea of removing the write-in votes from the
> Symposium.
	Currently, no write-ins are accepted.

> I am also in support of leaving the Symposium just the way it
> is...TB's only.
> I belong to the Reblooming Iris Society, and they have their own
> Reblooming Symposium.  I feel this is the best way to handle this
> situation.
	The AIS is the 'mother' society and the 'umbrella' that covers all aspects of the iris
world, and I feel the Symposium should reflect that position.
> I really like the way the AIS Symposium is currently set up, and any
> deviation from that would simply be a waste of resources in my most
> humble opinion.

	Consider the percentages of the report when the Symposium results are
reported.  The waste of resources is already evident.  In several
reports over the years, not even twenty per cent of the AIS
membership voted.  Last year or so, I believe, the top winners got
about 675 votes.  What percentage is that from a membership of
over 7,000 and how representative are those figures?

	With results like this, something is broken!  It needs to be
fixed.  This thread would never have continued if somebody didn't
feel something was wrong with the Symposium.  It has also been
discussed in years past.  Check the archives.

	Donald mentioned poor-growing symposium winners.  I think
some of the poor-growing TB's would be voted off if the ballot were
all-inclusive.  There are much better LA's, arilbreds, Siberian,
medians, etc. than some of the TB's on the list.  I wouldn't suggest
the Symposium ballot be used as a 'want list'  because of the poor
growers on it and because it isn't all-inclusive.

	Before the Symposium name was changed to the Tall Bearded
Iris Symposium, I often heard people refer to the Symposium as a
'joke.'  I am wondering if it still is.

	I think I have 'beat the horse to death' now!!  I hope Gerry is still
listening and taking notes!    :)

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS 7/8 USA (111o yesterday)