RE: RE:OT: Michigan Bulb

  • Subject: RE: [iris-talk] RE:OT: Michigan Bulb
  • From: "wmoores" <wmoores@watervalley.net>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 06:28:49 -0500

On 1 Aug 01, at 17:09, McCullough, Greg wrote:

> The parent company was Foster Gallagher, Inc., privately held, who owned
> Spring Hill, Michigan Bulb, Stark Brothers, Breck's and "smaller
> nurseries" according to Hoovers (see
> http://www.hoovers.com/co/capsule/1/0,2163,48071,00.html). Apparently they
> ran out of money and just shut 'em down. If only they had also owned Van
> Bourgondin.
>
> Greg McCullough

   Too bad Gurney's wasn't in the conglomerate.  Gurney's was the
only place I got split rhizomes sealed in plastic baggies with no
airholes. They got two rhizomes out of one, splitting the fan and
rhizome down the middle.  If WalMart and KMart got their stuff from
MB, we are 'home free' now.  Somehow or another Park Seed and Wayside
have been left out.  Are they that good?

Walter Moores
Enid Lake, MS USA 7/8

Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!