OT: Van Bourgondin???

  • Subject: OT: Van Bourgondin???
  • From: Ellen Gallagher <ellengalla@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 07:12:35 -0700 (PDT)

--- In iris-talk@y..., "McCullough, Greg" <icity@m...> wrote:

> [...]

I was just getting ready to order some tulips from  V.B. when I saw this
line in Greg's post about Michigan Bulb et al. I did order a cheapie
unnamed lilium collection just for late season color and every one of the
15 or 20 bulbs bloomed nicely the next season. Nice firm bulbs and healthy
looking as well.

Anyone have bad luck with V.B. ? I realize that they are not McClure &
Zimmerman or White Flower Farm or any of the other pricey ones.  Van
Bourgondin has a good e-mail response - getting ready to sign the check
and just order the tulips...or maybe go down to the hardware store and buy
some since I have had good luck there. (I agree that Wayside has a slick
catalogue but I never ordered there.)

Ellen Gallagher / ellengalla@yahoo.com
Berlin, NH, USA / Zone 3

Do You Yahoo!?