RE: OT: Van Bourgondin???

  • Subject: RE: [iris-talk] OT: Van Bourgondin???
  • From: "McCullough, Greg" <icity@msn.com>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 09:54:50 -0500

There have been numerous discussions about these guys in the past with
differing opinions voiced. My experience with them rivals, actually exceeds,
my poor experience with Michigan Bulb, et al. My advice is to never buy from
a mail-order business that will not refund your money if you are unhappy. VB
dragged me out over two years, first sending me plants that were dead on
arrival, then replacing with misnamed plants, etc. They would not refund my
money. Remember, this is the nursery that sold variegated I. japonica as I.
tectorum and called it the Lace Hankerchief iris. They are probably still
doing it, even though they were specifically told of the error. I can't
comment on their other plants, but you should search the archives for others
opinions.

Greg

Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!