Re: OT: Van Bourgondin???

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] OT: Van Bourgondin???
  • From: Carol Canfield <Carolcc5@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 10:58:44 -0700 (PDT)

I have ordered off and on over the last fifteen years
from van Bourgondien's wholesale catalogue and gotten
good plants, excellent bulbs and good service.  No
cancellations or confused orders.  They are a family
owned business and take great pride in their product.
I feel that if something was not right, they would
make every effort to remedy.  I plan to get some bulbs
from them this fall, chiefly daffodils and dutch iris.
 I'll report on this.

Carol in TX.  Still hot, still dry.
--- Ellen Gallagher <ellengalla@yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- In iris-talk@y..., "McCullough, Greg"
> I was just getting ready to order some tulips from
> V.B. when I saw this
> line in Greg's post about Michigan Bulb et al. I did
> order a cheapie
> unnamed lilium collection just for late season color
> and every one of the
> 15 or 20 bulbs bloomed nicely the next season. Nice
> firm bulbs and healthy
> looking as well.
> Anyone have bad luck with V.B. ? I realize that they
> are not McClure &
> Zimmerman or White Flower Farm or any of the other
> pricey ones.  Van
> Bourgondin has a good e-mail response - getting
> ready to sign the check
> and just order the tulips...or maybe go down to the
> hardware store and buy
> some since I have had good luck there. (I agree that
> Wayside has a slick
> catalogue but I never ordered there.)
> Ellen
> =====