Re: OT: Van Bourgondin???

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] OT: Van Bourgondin???
  • From: "Janet Stromborg" <twinhill@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 13:45:29 -0500

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ellen Gallagher
  To: iris
  Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2001 9:12 AM
  Subject: [iris-talk] OT: Van Bourgondin???

  --- In iris-talk@y..., "McCullough, Greg" <icity@m...> wrote:

> [...]

  I was just getting ready to order some tulips from  V.B. when I saw this
  line in Greg's post about Michigan Bulb et al. I did order a cheapie
  unnamed lilium collection just for late season color and every one of the
  15 or 20 bulbs bloomed nicely the next season. Nice firm bulbs and healthy
  looking as well.

  Anyone have bad luck with V.B. ? I realize that they are not McClure &
  Zimmerman or White Flower Farm or any of the other pricey ones.  Van
  Bourgondin has a good e-mail response - getting ready to sign the check
  and just order the tulips...or maybe go down to the hardware store and buy
  some since I have had good luck there. (I agree that Wayside has a slick
  catalogue but I never ordered there.)

  Ellen

  =====
  Ellen Gallagher / ellengalla@yahoo.com
  Berlin, NH, USA / Zone 3

  Hi Ellen,

  I've always had excellent service and quality from Van Bourgondien.  The one or two plants (in 15 years of ordering both perennials and bulbs) that didn't survive my zone 4 winters were cheerfully replaced, no questions asked. I have an order ready to place myself and look forward to doing business with them again this year.

  Janet in Denmark,  WI  USDA zone 4

Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!