Re: OT: VB

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk]OT: VB
  • From: Jeanne Holley <irisarian@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 15:45:16 -0700 (PDT)

--- iris-talk@yahoogroups.com wrote:

I'm delurking long enough to say that I'm sorry some
of you have had problems with Van Bourgendien.  I have
purchased plants, particularly lily bulbs for years
and have never been dissatisfied with anything I've
purchased from them.  I don't buy iris from them
because I prefer to buy from the hybridizers, but for
other things I have enjoyed the reasonable prices and
nice bulbs I've bought from them.

And while on the subject of purchasing plants, I hope
I am not breaking any rules when I tell all of you
that I purchased hostas from Paul Black this spring
and I have "never" received bigger, more beautiful
plants.  Fantastic.

I don't do Michigan Bulb or Gurney's or the old
Interstate Nursery that went broke and then tried to
come back.  I never got money back or a plant the year
they went broke.

I love Wayside - I have three beautiful Shigetsu
Cherry Trees I purchased from them and they have
always replaced anything I got that did not survive
initially.

Just my two cents worth.

Jeanne Holley

=====