Re: CULT: SOMETHING dug up my rhizomes last night!

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] CULT: SOMETHING dug up my rhizomes last night!
  • From: storylade@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 19:05:16 EDT

In a message dated 8/2/2001 10:07:58 AM Central Daylight Time,
lmmunro@hotmail.com writes:

<< Well, at least whatever
 dug them up decided they weren't really that interesting after all,
 and left. No chews; none missing >>

One year, a young groundhog dug up about ten feet of freshly planted
seedlings, tossed them around, but didn't hurt them in any way.  After I
replanted them, I set a sprinkler on the seedlings and soaked the ground
thoroughly.  That (or something else) kept them from repeating the process.
(we knew we had groundhogs just over the bank from the bed)

Betty / Bowling Green KY USA  Zone 6
Only those who dare to dream can make a dream come true.

Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!