Cult:Theme beds

  • Subject: Cult:Theme beds
  • From: RYFigge@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 21:39:38 EDT

Theme beds can be fun -  also frustrating.  One time I did one on
"occupations" which put all the sea/seafaring/ etc  together and they were
all blue, of course!  And variety is the spice of life!.  I don't think  all
animals together, thinking of the
Kasparek irises,  would be ideal - Plain irises would show them off better.
Now I plant alphabetically (suggestion from my daughter) and I have a number
of al;phabets in my garden, because I  group my irises by the year of
introduction for  each of  the last 3 years to help me remember who
hybridized what iris!  After 3 years  the most favorite are kept together,
alphabetically, as many as I have room for!   And I buy just what I see and
want - except for irises with names of  my family and I try to eventually
keep them together!   Rosalie nr Baltimore  zone 7 where this area needs RAIN
   ryfigge@aol.com

Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!