Re: OT: Van Bourgondin???

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] OT: Van Bourgondin???
  • From: gmbeasle@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 22:18:52 EDT

In a message dated 8/2/01 10:59:18 AM Eastern Daylight Time, icity@msn.com
writes:

>  There have been numerous discussions about these guys in the past with
>  differing opinions voiced. My experience with them rivals, actually
exceeds,
>  my poor experience with Michigan Bulb, et al.

I've bought stuff from Guernys, (seeds and plants of crown vetch for the
sides of my drainage ditch so it wouldn't need to be mowed - that's what they
use on the state roads here in MD).  Some of the stuff was pretty poor, but I
now have the whole side of the ditch covered in flowers in spite of them.  I
got some rose bushes from Lowes that died, and some that did well.  I ordered
some stuff from Burpee that usually did well, and I think I ordered some
flower carpet stuff that never bloomed at all but I can't remember who I
ordered it from.  I usually spread the order around with a few of a plant
from one source and a few from another.

RosalieAnn

Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!