AIS: 2001 Dykes Medal Award

  • Subject: AIS: 2001 Dykes Medal Award
  • From: judyhunt1@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 21:53:44 EDT

Does anyone know if this year's Dykes Medal winner has been determined?  Our
annual sale is tomorrow and last year at this time, the winner had been
announced.  We had a box of STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN that had been donated to the
sale.  It sold like hotcakes because we put a picture of it with a sign about
its new award.  It seems that I recall that there was something of a
controversy about the early announcement on this list last year. Is this why
we have not heard anything yet?

Judy Hunt in Louisville, KY, Zone 6, where the sauna-like weather broke today
when a front came through while we were setting up for the sale this
afternoon...supposed to be much drier and a bit cooler tomorrow which is
great news for our outdoor (under cover, however) sale.

Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!