Iris histrioides selections

  • Subject: Iris histrioides selections
  • From: Paul Tyerman <ptyerman@ozemail.com.au>
  • Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2001 14:06:10 +1000

Howdy All,

 I have a plant in flower at the moment that was given to me as Iris
histrioides 'Major'.  I have been trying to verify whether this is true or
not.  I have send photos on request to a couple of people, one of whom
responded that it did not appear to be histrioides 'Major but rather
histrioides 'Angel Tears'.  Does anyone have pictures of both of these
varieties that they could send me?  I am trying to verify what I have.

Is this worth sending to the images list?  I am not really sure what should
or should not be sent to that list, and what is of interest to people.

Thanks in anticipation.

Paul Tyerman
Canberra, Australia
-Watching iris reticulatas starting to open in the garden, 4 varieties of
Iris unguicularis in flower at the moment, and recently a first flowering
of Iris stenophylla 'Allisonii'..... as well as heaps of non-irises such as
Galanthus and crocuses, jonquils, daffs, Fritillarias in bud and that sort
of thing.

Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!