Re: AIS:2002 Symposium

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] AIS:2002 Symposium
  • From: "wmoores" <wmoores@watervalley.net>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2001 09:58:05 -0500
On 4 Aug 01, at 5:55, Gerry Snyder wrote:

> wmoores wrote:
> >
> > I am looking at the 2002 Symposium of Tall Bearded Irises Ballot, and I
> > quote, "AIS affiliates are invited to vote, in addition to individuals."
> >  Can somebody explain to me how an affiliate can vote?
> Smart-alec answer--by marking the ballot and mailing it to the RVP.
   Gee, I had a response to the above statement, but now that I have read
the entire message I think I will just pass.

> > I will admit that I have never noticed this statement before.
> Don't worry, Walta, your memory is not failing. I added the statement just
> this year.
   Why couldn't there have been an explanation of this on the ballot?  I am sure
there are others just as confused as I, or others wondering if they had early onset
of a terrible memory disease.

   How are we supposed to know these things if we are not told?  I
don't remember reading this in the AIS Board Minutes either.

  I certainly hope the tabulators are aware of this and don't think
they've gotten a padded ballot from some smart-alec.

  I shall take a ballot to our meeting today and we shall vote!

  One other question, is the Official Judges' Ballot handled the same
way in some regions?  Years ago, I heard of a bloc vote.

  Walter Moores
   Enid Lake, MS USA 7/8

The Nissan Sentra
Everything but compact