Re: Re: AIS:2002 Symposium

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Re: AIS:2002 Symposium
  • From: Gerry Snyder <gerrysnyder@mediaone.net>
  • Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2001 09:18:31 -0700

Ellen Gallagher wrote:

> --- In iris-talk@y..., Gerry Snyder <gerrysnyder@m...> wrote:
>
> > More useful answer--some clubs enjoy getting together and
> > voting on what might loosely be called a consensus. I'm
> > sure that sometimes the president just duplicates her/his ballot.
>
> Duh. Hello........calling earth.  This has to be one of the most
> absurd things that I _never heard of_ category.

Is this kind of comment the start of a useful discussion?

> *Since you are in the know about such things, Gerry, do you have a
> ball-park figure on how many affiliates vote?

Except for the questions from Region 14 last year, no RVP has
given me any information pertaining to that question.

> Maybe someone could/should explain just what an affiliate is again.

Roughly, a group of people interested in iris which meets
the AIS requirements for affiliation. (Officers are AIS members,
a certain number or percentage of members are AIS members
or a fee is paid.)

> Obviously, or maybe not so obviously sez I, 'just' individuals should
> vote ONCE.

Your opinion is contrary to AIS history and policy.

> Shrinking sort of thinking that my affiliate probably votes - if we
> do, I have no say in it.

Then check with your affiliate's president. Have a say, if you want.

Gerry
--
mailto:gerrysnyder@mediaone.net
Gerry Snyder, AIS Symposium Chair, Region 15 RVP

Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!