Re: Cult: Height/blooming time of individual T.B.s

  • Subject: Re: Cult: Height/blooming time of individual T.B.s
  • From: otterbearfarm@yahoo.com
  • Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2001 16:20:33 -0000

--- In iris-talk@y..., Randy Squires <randysiris@j...> wrote:
> Amain (Zurbrigg '85) TB 37" ML & RE (early Oct.)
> Bess Berger ???.........."Bess Bergin" (Denman '72) TB 30" ML & RE
What an amazingly quick response! Randy and Laurie, thanks for the
information on blooming time and height of the TB irises I purchased.
Randy, you are correct, the name is "Bess Bergin", sometimes I can't
read my own writing. The irises that are gifts for my daughter and
son-in-law, plus my sister, will now have descriptions including
height and approx. bloom time - along with planting instructions. As
a family, we are all new to irises. We live in the Pacific Northwest
in zones 7 and 8 - my daughter lives on 5 acres on an island (with
some extra moisture and island conditions) - zone 8, my sister lives
on part of an original homestead that has been in her husband's
family for about 100 years (11 acres of pasture with full sun) - zone
8, and I live in zone 7, with 100 foot tall douglas firs on each
corner of my 1 acre property. I will keep track of growing conditions
in each yard and see how things go next year. Gail - zone 7 SW
Washington (gray, cloudy, and (finally) raining some
> http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!