Re: AIS: checklist database

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] AIS: checklist database
  • From: academyhouse@toad.net
  • Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2001 18:52:33 -0400

> No, and did you know that we have over 425 accounts for accessing the
>                  irisregister website data?

I am a strong proponent of the checklist on CD-ROM. Somewhere in the
back of my mind has been a reason for NOT wanting to use an on line
database, but this statement coupled with a recent visit to amazon.com
after a 6 month hiatus, where "relationship shopping" is a fine art,
brought the reason to the fore.

Realistically speaking, I do not believe that my surfing activities will
be actively monitored as I search the AIS electronic database, BUT the
potential is there. I would be surprised if the administrator of the
site cannot tell who has actually used the site and how often they have
used it. If you enjoy someone looking over your shoulder when you go to
the library, tracing each of your steps, then the on line check list is
for you. If you like to settle down in your den and mull over the pages
without an audience seeing what you are doing, then the checklist on
CD-ROM is the natural extension.

I do not mean to imply that anyone would actually monitor the use of the
checklist that closely, but simply point out that it could happen.

R. Dennis Hager
on Delmarva

Remember, if you are paranoid, it doesn't mean that they're NOT out to
get you!

Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!