Re: Re: AIS: 2001 Dykes Medal Award

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Re: AIS: 2001 Dykes Medal Award
  • From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <jcwalters@bridgernet.com>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2001 19:17:58 -0600

> From: judyhunt1@aol.com
> Sure would, Neil!  We have voted for other than TB's more than once.
It's
> unfortunate that it is almost like throwing away your vote. If memory
serves,
> only once has a "non-TB" won, and that was BROWN LASSO many years back.

Judy,

Many more years back (1945) there was ELMOHR (Loomis, 1942), which at the
time, and I believe even now, would be considered to be an Arilbred. I
agree that there have been many outstanding non-TBs nominated for the Dykes
Medal, and that this year particularly they were worthy of a closer look.
BTW, except for the long-defunct French Dykes Medal, the North American
edition is the only one that has been so totally dominated by TBs.

jcwalters@bridgernet.com

Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!