  • Subject: Bleach
  • From: cgdawn@cs.com
  • Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2001 02:24:08 -0000

Hi Everyone,

When preparing a garden patch for iris seedlings I used bleach to
kill out crab grass in the area.  I don't really know if this kills
the grass roots and all or not.  Has anyone had experience using
bleach as a weed and grass killer. I know you can't use Round Up
close to iris's but was wondering if you could use the bleach on the
iris rows as a grass killer.  It is used to kill  rot on iris's and
you sometimes soak the rhizome in it when planting, so I wouldn't
think using it around as a weed killer would hurt.  I'm open to and
looking for a little advice on this .  Any input would be very much

Dean Gray
Just South of St. Louis, Mo.  Zone 5

Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!